Points: 40 pts
Due date: Wed, Feb 20 in class (file due to Blackboard by 11:50 pm)
Resources: Adobe Spark or Microsoft Powerpoint.
Summary: Design a 2-3 minute concept pitch to present to your client.
- The Big Game (AdWeek)
- Super Bowl Ad Archive (AdAge)
- 18 Super Bowl Ads That Inspired the Creative Industry to Step Up Its Game (AdWeek)
- The Most Popular Super Bowl Ads of All Time, 1967-2018 (Town & Country)
1. Creative Concept for New Campaign
Based on your research from Assignment 2A, develop a visual mockup for a television commercial or online advertisement for your brand. The ad can be for a specific product or an awareness campaign for your overall brand. The ad will run on Super Bowl Sunday, 2020.
Your new Creative Concept, at a minimum, should include the following elements:
- Body Copy
- Main Image
- Call to Action
- Company Logo
If you are creating a storyboard for a broadcast television commercial, you should include a storyboard for a 15-second or 30-second commercial spot.
Your Creative Concept should follow the company’s brand standards including:
- Color palette
- Photography Style
- Other graphics and visual elements
You can use Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign to create your layout. Once completed, export your visual and add it to your Creative Pitch Presentation (see below).
2. Creative Pitch Presentation
Prepare a 2-3 minute presentation using the following outline:
- Company Overview – history, industry, size, products
- Customer – demographics (generalized), interests, lifestyle, values
- Value Proposition – from the customer’s perspective, what does this brand offer?
- Brand Elements – Persistent Messages, Visual Elements
- Product – if your ad will feature a specific product, what is it?
- Creative Concept for New Campaign
- Visual mockup you developed
- Identify the customer, product/service, and value proposition for the ad
- Thank you!
Use any relevant examples of advertisements, images, websites, social media content, etc. from your research that will help illustrate the main points of your presentation.
Turn it in
- Review your presentation – check your visional presentation and formatting. Also check grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation
- Log in to the 381 Blackboard, go to the Assignment Dropboxes section, and locate Assignment 2B: Super Bowl Ad
- Paste the URL of your Spark file into the Text Submission box or attach your Powerpoint file
- Select Submit
Your main goal with this task is accuracy and completion. Using elements of a standard Presentation Design and Delivery rubric – you will be graded on mechanics, content, creativity, delivery, enthusiasm and audience awareness. Your instructor is looking for the following criteria:
- Mechanics: Presentation is easy to read and all elements are very clearly written, labeled. The presentation has no misspellings or grammatical errors.
- Content: Meets all the criteria for the assignment. All content is in the students’ own words and is accurate. Demonstrates full knowledge by answering all reviewer questions with explanations and elaboration. Provides clear purpose and subject; pertinent examples, facts, and/or statistics; supports conclusions/ideas with evidence.
- Creativity: Students have used media in creative and innovative ways that exploit the particular strengths of the presentation format. The final product is unique, powerful, effective, and compels audience attention.
- Delivery: Speaks with fluctuation in volume and inflection to maintain audience interest and emphasize key points.
- Enthusiasm and Audience Awareness: Demonstrates strong enthusiasm about the topic throughout the presentation. Significantly increases audience understanding and knowledge of the topic; convinces an audience to recognize the validity and importance of the subject