Points: 25 pts
Due date: Nov. 2, 2018
Resources: Adobe Request for Proposal (available on Blackboard), Adobe Mobile Apps, Adobe Media Resources
Summary: Prepare a Creative Brief for your internal team based on your research and the campaign requirements in the request from Adobe Incorporated for a customer engagement strategy to increase brand awareness and preference. This is the first part of a three-part assignment.
Creative Brief + Customer Engagement TEMPLATE (.docx)
For this assignment, you will work with a partner to develop a customer engagement strategy for the free mobile applications available from Adobe, Inc. First, your team will complete a creative brief based on online resources, resources provided by the client, and a brief interview with an Adobe representative. Based on your research you will develop a campaign creative concept and customer engagement strategy, which you will present to the client.
- Request for Proposal – from Adobe (available on Blackboard in the Assignments Dropboxes section)
- Adobe Mobile Apps
- Adobe Spark
- Adobe Brand Standards
- Adobe 2018 Consumer Content Survey
- GenZ in the Classroom: Creating the Future
- State of Create (Infographic, 2016)
- Creative Problem Solving (Infographic, 2018)
- Social Media Use in 2018 (Pew Research)
- A Close Look at Generation Z’s Mobile Habits (Infographic, Adweek)
- Generation Z and Millenials Want Different Things from Brands (Infographic, Adweek)
Task 1: Research
NOTE: Research requirements – You should not base your answers solely on your personal observations, but rather, back up your statements with data and insights. Your answers should be based on your assessment of the client’s online presence, research provided by the client, and secondary research provided by your instructor. You must cite all sources.
Your goals for the research portion are:
- Understand the Client, their brand, and their products
- Understand the Consumer/Customer, their needs and interests
- Evaluate the current Customer engagement with the Client’s brand and products (relevant to this campaign) across multiple media channels
Your approach to research should include all of the following:
- Research the Adobe brand and their mobile apps using the information available on Adobe.com
- Search for recent news stories and trade articles about Adobe, their mobile applications, and their marketing strategy for universities.
- Review the research, materials, and media assets provided by Adobe
- Research the interests, activities, and media use of college students using the resources provided above.
- Ask fellow students about their opinions and observations.
Task 2: Creative Brief
Develop a Creative Brief for Adobe mobile apps based on your research and the template provided. The focus of your brief should be based on the products and customers identified in the request for a creative campaign, not Adobe, Inc. as a whole.
- Use the template provided to complete the Creative Brief. Turn in your completed brief as a .docx file or link to a Google document.
Step 1: Client & Customer – Use your research to complete the Client & Problem and Consumer/Customer sections of the Creative Brief. This should include the Customer Engagement table at the end of the document.
Step 2: Current Customer Engagement Assessment – Use the Cognitive Walkthrough process you learned in class to assess Adobe’s current media channels. Then, use the last page of your template (the Current Customer Engagement Assessment table) to record potential issues with the current Adobe customer engagement process and begin to brainstorm possible solutions.
Step 3: Strategy – Based on your research and the insights you gained, what is the strategic approach our client should take to engage with this consumer or customer?
Turn it in
- Review your Creative Brief – check your visual layout and formatting. Also check grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation
- Log in to the 381 Blackboard, go to the Assignment Dropboxes section, and locate Assignment 4A: Research & Creative Brief
- Browse your computer for the Campaign Document file and attach it to the assignment. Or, if you used Google Docs, paste the URL into the comments section of the assignment.
- Select Submit
Your main goal with this task is accuracy and completion. Using elements of the standard Concept Development & Creativity rubric – you will be graded on content, completion, and conventions. Your instructor is looking for the following criteria:
- Design & Planning: The concept is well designed, planned, and executed. It demonstrates a cohesive solution.
- Audience: Concept shows evidence of consistent attention to audience and purpose.
- Graphics and Media: Photos, icons, and other artwork are used creatively and work together thematically.
- Content and Messaging: Content is creatively written and cleverly presented. Message platform is evident throughout.
- Convention: Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization are correct. No errors in the text.
- Resource Documentation: Student(s) demonstrate evidence of documentation throughout digital assets where possible including giving credit to any websites, photos articles, blogs or other resources used.