Points: 5 pts
Due date: Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2018 (in class)
Resources: Adobe website, Adobe social media channels
Summary: Work with your partner to complete the tasks listed below. Turn in your notes to Blackboard.
This exercise is based on a usability testing process called a cognitive walkthrough. It is used to test individual interfaces to ensure users can find the information they are looking for and complete the tasks available on a website, mobile app, or social media page. We’ll use this process to familiarize ourselves with Adobe’s online presence, identify opportunities to use existing resources in our campaigns, and potentially identify ways Adobe can improve its user experience.
Work with your partner to complete the tasks described in Steps 1 and 2.
Start with one partner playing the role of user and the other playing the role of facilitator.
The facilitator should prompt the user with a series of tasks (below).
The user should start (and restart) each task from the Adobe homepage. The user should describe their thought process as they navigate through the website to complete the task.
- Find the Fast Facts about Adobe page.
- Find the pricing for Adobe Creative Cloud for students.
- Find a list of the Adobe Mobile applications
If the user gets stuck, the facilitator should prompt them to describe their thought process as they try to find the correct path to the information. Once the user is able to complete the task, the facilitator should prompt them to provide a brief summary of their experience before they move on to the next task.
IMPORTANT: The facilitator should take notes on the process, including:
- Clickpath (what the user clicks on)
- User thoughts and comments
- Does the content they find related to the task meet their expectations?
- User summary of their experience
Now switch roles and complete these tasks using the same process as described above.
- On your mobile device: Download Adobe Xd
- Find and like the Adobe Xd page on Facebook
- Find and complete a tutorial for Starting a Project with Adobe Xd
Discuss your experiences with your partner. Compile your notes into a single document using the following outline:
- For each task, briefly note whether completing the task was relatively easy or difficult and note the user’s comments.
- Fast Facts
- Pricing for Adobe Creative Cloud
- Adobe Mobile Applications
- Download Adobe Xd
- Adobe Xd page on Facebook
- Starting a Project with Adobe Xd Tutorial
- A brief summary of your overall experience
- Impressions of Adobe as a company
- What their tools and resources make possible
- Did this experience change your opinion of Adobe and their products? If so, how?
Turn it in
- Log in to the 381 Blackboard, go to the Assignment Dropboxes section, and locate In-Class Activity: Experiencing UX
- Browse your computer for the document file and attach it to the assignment. Or, if you used Google Docs, paste the URL into the comments section of the assignment.
- Select Submit
Your in-class activity will be graded for completion of the tasks described above.